APRIL 2009 SCOTT’S NEWSLETTER UPDATE
- April 3 of Sky’s the Limit Youth Project Baddeck, NS
- Scott performs with SNS April 17, on Bluegrass Roots Show
- Monday April 27th last Scott n’ the Rocks, Stayner’s till the fall
- May 1, 2, 3, 2009 Music NS presenters concerts, David Greenberg and Doug MacPhee
‘Sky’s the Limit’ Youth Project ‘CREATION DAY’ Baddeck, NS
Co-sponsored by The Silver Dart Centennial Association, (SDCA), and the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site of Canada (AGBNHSC) Scott facilitated 22 youth representing the cultural diversity of Cape Breton during their Creation Day as the youth creatively explored the inventive mind of Alexander Graham Bell, the Aerial Experiment Association and the 100th Anniversary of Powered Flight in Canada 2009. Scott will take the youth’s creative explorations and orchestrate them for performance during a tribute to Alexander Graham Bell and the 100th Anniversary of the Flight of the Silver Dart’ concerts at the 2009 Celtic Colours International Festival.
Sky’s the Limit Group Photo, From Left to Right
Top 5th row from Waycobah Mi’kmaq School; Gavin Cremo, Cody Crowe, Kirby Googoo, Scott Phillips, Cordell Pierro 4th row to the Top; NDA School Cheticamp; Élyse Delaney, Valerie Roach, Carmen LeBlanc, Maxim Cormier 3rd row, from Highland Academy;Kristen Shaw, Lena Murphy, Amos Chiasson, Douglas Cameron 2nd row, from Glace Bay Academy; Scott Cuzner, Catherine Hurley, Jamie Toomey, Brendon MacDonald, Felicia Headley 1st row from Baddeck Academy;Kendra MacCuspic, Robert Chapman, Kathryn MacIntyre, Kendell Cogan Front row left; Composer/musician & leader of the Sky’s the Limit project, Scott Macmillan Front row right; Hugh Muller, great grandson of A.G. Bell gave the youth a special tour around Beinn Bhreagh
SCOTT N’ THE ROCKS AT STAYNER’S
LAST MONDAY TILL THE FALL: April 27, 2009.
Hottest Little Big Band on the East Coast
Scott Macmillan leads this 12 piece cast of rock solid jazzers as take their chairs every 2nd Monday for their bi-monthly romp through innovative and creative scores composed especially for them by Scott Macmillan and Chris Mitchell. Come be part of Creativity unfold!
Stayner’s Wharf Pub & Grill Just behind Perks at the Ferry Terminal, Halifax, for info call 902-492-1800, 8:30pm – 11:30pm/no cover
Musique Royale Presents
David Greenberg (violin), Doug MacPhee (piano), and Scott Macmillan (guitar)
- Friday, May 1 at 7:30pm at St. Stephen’s Anglican Church in Chester, NS Tickets are $15 and are available at Chester Pharmasave, Chester, Fulton’s Pharmacy, Lunenburg and at the door.
- Saturday May 2nd 11am, Cecilia’s Retreat, Mahone Bay, Tickets $ 20 available through Barbara Butler.
- Sunday May 3rd 3pm, Beacon Street Church, Beacon Street, Yarmouth. Tickets $15 in advance and $18 at the door, available at Beacon Street Church, Art Gallery of NS, Western Branch, or 902-742-8765 and at the door. Student tickets $5.00 at the door.