GOOD2GO nominated for 2018 ECMA Traditional/Roots Recording of the Year!
Scott & Colin WIN 2017 Canadian Folk Music Award ‘Instrumental Group of the Year’ for GOOD2GO and the 2017 ECMA Award for ‘Traditional Instrumental Recording of the Year’ GOOD2GO was also nominated by Music NS for ‘2017 Traditional/Roots Recording of the Year.
‘It was awesome. Their first tune brought everyone to their feet in a true standing ovation. Filled my heart and soul.’
Scott & Colin headed to Scotland in Sept. 2017 to rehearse and perform Colin Grant’s collaboration with Scottish fiddler Ewen Henderson, ‘Bridge Over the Atlantic’, which will be filmed for future Broadcast by BBC-MacTV and CBC
February 25th – 7:00 PM at the UpCap Café -Scott Macmillan & Colin Grant, Rawlicious, Whitby, Ontario, Admission is: $20 tickets: email@example.com and from https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-upcap-cafe-presents-a-night-of-folk-music-with-scott-and-colin-tickets-42379822189?aff=ehomecard
May 2nd-6th 2018 ECMA ROOTS STAGE
Come out and cheer them on!
Hard-driving, clean, lively and passionate, traditional yet original; Colin Grant’s fiddle playing has stepped to the forefront of the East Coast traditional music scene – and people are sitting up and taking notice. Although most at home with traditional Cape Breton fiddle music, his versatility as both a lead and side musician has given him experiences in a variety of traditional styles, in addition to folk, rock and country genres.
Scott Macmillan has a passion for creating music. This love has inspired exploration into genres from rock to blues, classical to choral, Celtic to jazz, as well as modern and avant-garde. In 2014 Scott received the Portia White Prize, Nova Scotia’s Top Artist Prize. A multiple East Coast Music Award winner, Scott has played a significant role expanding audiences for Atlantic Canadian music both nationally and internationally for over 40 years.
Together they are not your average fiddle and guitar duet. Their expressive, fun loving and intricate music will have you dancing in your seat. Their 1st Duo Recording Good 2 Go was released on July 15, 2016.
Here is what you can expect to hear on Good 2 Go:
- Ferry Cool: 3:51 Keanan MacKenzie’s Strathspey (Colin Grant, SOCAN) / Pat Chafe’s 50th (Dougie MacPhee, SOCAN) / Ferry Cool (Scott Macmillan/Mary Ann Kennedy/Colin Grant, SOCAN/PRS)
- Ferry Unusual: 4:32 Ferry Unusual (Scott Macmillan/Mary Ann Kennedy/Colin Grant, SOCAN/PRS) / Ferry on the Sound (Scott Macmillan, SOCAN) / Magnus’ Memory (Steve Young, PRS)
- Heavy Is My Fate: 4:01 (Traditional, arranged: Colin Grant/Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Oh, For Coastal Rambles: 5:01 Flat Roof House / Overtom Clog / The Coastal Boast / The Westmount Rambler (all Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Lady Georgina Gordon: 3:49 (Robert MacKintosh, arranged: Colin Grant/Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Ardgour Colours: 4:18 Ardgour Bars (Colin Grant/Mary Ann Kennedy/Scott Macmillan, SOCAN/PRS) / The Colours of Water (Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Scott’s 60th Birthday Waltz: 3:39 (Colin Grant, SOCAN)
- Harte of Sara Lee: 5:35 Sara Lee’s Trip To Ottawa (Scott Macmillan, SOCAN) / Lord John Campbell Strathspey (Trad.) / Geordie MacLeish Reel (Trad.) / Ralph Harte Hornpipe (Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Colin’s Jigs: 3:35 The Honeymission / Ward MacDonald’s / Mayday Jig (all Colin Grant, SOCAN)
- Scott’s Jigs: 3:36 Temple Yourself / Receive the Toe / Mull River Sunset (all Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)
- Tico Squared: 4:21 Prayer for Tears (Tyler Duncan/John McSherry, BMI, IMRO) / Tico Tico (Zequinha de Abreu)
- Funkin’ Duncan: 2:39 Duncan Johnstone (Donald MacLeod, PRS) / Molly McGuire’s Reel (Trad.)
- The Gear Changer: 5:37 Hoch Hey Johnny Lad (Trad.) / The Grey Bob (Trad.) / Kay Girroir’s (Joey Beaton, SOCAN) / The Marquis of Queensbury Reel (Trad.) / General Longstreet’s Reel (Frank Livingston) / As a thoiseach (“Keep it up”) Reel (Trad.) / Strictly Sambuca (Ross Couper, PRS) / Old Man and the Old Woman (Trad.) / Little Donald in the Pigpen (Trad.)
- MacDougall’s Pride: 4:45 MacDougall’s Pride (Ashley MacIsaac/Gordie Sampson, SOCAN)
- My Belle Strathspey & Reel: 3:08 (Scott Macmillan, SOCAN)